This post is a work-in-progress list of things to fix in the Drawing development branch
More like bugs:
Rendering issue– can’t really fix without significant work, also isn’t specific to Drawing Select the right (or left or top…) view so that it turns completely blue. than move the front view. You will notice the wrong movement of the selected view(figure out which is better highlight mode between dragging anchor vs child views, and use that mode consistently for both)
- Update regions are wrong: seems that only the areas in the dotted view frame get updated, if the text below the view goes outside the view frame this becomes a problem, you see remaining artefacts while moving. this also happens a lot when repositioning dimensions
- When adding dimensions to one view the frame of this view updates not correctly
- The dimensions get somehow misaligned, they shift on the pages y axis downwards for some reason
If you change from first to third angle the positions of left and right views etc change, but not the isometric views.
- For the A4 template it seems impossible to make the dimension font small enough, you would go to size 4 or lower to get something reasonable, but than the font looks really weird. Also 4 is small… normal size for A4 writing is 12, but this is really huge in the drawing workbench compared to text tools like word
Automatic scaling often doesn’t work properly
- Repaint around the template to remove artefacts
- Drawing viewer widget should resize
- Update icons for isometric and orthographic views in the document tree thing. (asked for drawings in the forum)
- Save and Save As don’t seem to work while Drawing Viewer is open?
- Figure out what’s going on with the two properties for the template name (TODO in 8476bab)
BSpline problem that results in bad bounding boxes (in progress)
More like features:
- Update template with appropriate text, First/Third angle symbol, customisable logo, etc.
- Align isometric views too. From ickby: “Best it to anchor them to the orthographic projections, for example the FrontTopRight would be anchored to the Top view top:top, and the FrontTopRight would be anchored to the right view right:right. This would give always a nice projection grid.”
- Selecting the view for draging should work on the whole view area, not only the dotted frame. So only omit the areas where you can select the lines/dotes etc.
- Possibly add spinboxes for the scale selector, this would allow change the value with the mouse wheel
- Ability to change template of an existing drawing
- Get rid of the “exception as flow control device” in Geometry
Areas to investigate:
- SVG/PDF/etc export